Mission statement and aims
Shinfield Parish Council's mission is to improve the quality of life of the residents of the parish. To this end, we aim to:
- Deliver high standard and cost-effective services to help meet the needs and wishes of local residents
- Engage with residents to understand their needs and concerns
- Support the development of the local economy
- Keep residents informed about the proceedings of the council and about local issues
- Represent residents’ views to the borough council and to other bodies as applicable
- Work together with all sectors of the community to achieve residents’ needs and aspirations
- Engage in the protection of the environment within the means of the council
- Pursue excellence through continuous improvement
The Chairman's aims for the council for the 2015/16 civic year (ending April 30, 2016) are:
- Support the delivery of the council’s policy objectives for the next 12 months in agreement with the Parish Clerk.
- Support the Parish Clerk in increasing the council’s profile and enhancing its public image, in particular relating to the Neighbourhood Plan and any other relevant initiatives as they roll out.
- Improve the operation of council business to achieve service excellence, including more robust cost-benefit analysis of the council’s contractors and suppliers;
- Support the Clerk to ensure the council maintains Local Council Award status and best practice standards;
- Identify and deliver the most effective and efficient ways to replace street lighting across the parish.
- Maintain professional status through ongoing training.