re3 recycling centres to re-open next week on restricted basis with a booking system in place
To gain access to sites, residents will have to book a time slot using a ‘Click & Tip’ service
The re3 recycling centres on Longshot Lane, Bracknell and Smallmead Island Road, Reading will reopen on 18th May, Monday with a booking system in place. The sites have been temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
An online booking system, ‘Click and Tip’ will open at 10AM, 15th May, Friday and residents of Bracknell Forest, Reading and Wokingham Boroughs will be able to book a time slot via the webform provided on the local councils and re3 websites. Bookings will be available for slots from 8am – 6pm, Monday to Sunday, and residents can book up to 7 days in advance. Due to the limited number of booking slots available, with the sites only operating at 50% of usual capacity, residents are urged to continue to safely store waste at home and only make a booking if the trip to the recycling centres is essential.
More information can be found on the re3 website.
Bookings will go live on 10AM, Friday and residents can make a booking via the webform: Click&Tip service.
The health of residents and staff is always the highest priority, so everyone visiting the reopened sites must follow traffic signs, staff advice and adhere to the social distancing measures that have been put in place.
To ensure that social distancing guidelines are adhered, the following safety measures will be introduced on both sites:
– Limiting the number of vehicles allowed at the site at any one time.
– All visitors are required to keep the appropriate distance from each other, at least 2m apart.
– To minimise unnecessary contact with staff, residents should display their proof of address through closed windows and use contactless payments for transactions if possible.
– No assistance for unloading can be provided by site staff who will be available to direct the public and manage residents parking.
– In line with Public Health England guidance, residents who are vulnerable, or who are showing symptoms which may indicate coronavirus, must not visit the recycling centres.
Things to remember when visiting the re3 sites at Longshot Lane, Bracknell and Smallmead, Reading:
– You must make a booking before you visit the site. If you do not having a booking you will be refused entry.
– Please bring proof of address that shows you are a resident of Bracknell Forest, Wokingham or Reading such as driving licence, a council tax bill or a utility bill and place it on your dashboard for staff to see.
– You must arrive at the time of your booked slot.
– You must come in the car for which you made your booking (identified by the number plate).
– Visitors who come without a booking, outside of their booked slot, without a proof of residency or in a different car from the booking will be turned away.
– We will accept all usual items, including chargeable waste, so plan your visit when loading your car as it will help minimise the amount of time on site.
– There may be delays accessing the site and possibly queues of waiting vehicles, so please have all your documents available.
– Please be patient and follow the instructions of staff onsite at all times.