Parish Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer – Shinfield Parish Council
Salary range up c £42,000 and NEST pension 5% of base salary matched
About the council:
- We are the largest Parish Council in Wokingham Borough
- Annual precept of around £340,000.
- As a strategic development location our population is expect to increase to 19,000 residents by 2026 with the associated challenges
- CIL receipts are continuing and to date stand at £1m
- Agreed budget of £2.3m for current development of new local community centre
- Ensuring the Council meets statutory requirements
- Advising Councillors on best practice
- Responsible Financial Officer of the Council (Responsible for all council finances)
- Managing Council staff
- Reviewing and advising on Council Standing Orders
- Advising Committees on structure and implementation of agreed policies
- Educated to degree level, preferably with a relevant English local government qualification or commitment to obtain CILCA within 9 months
Full details of the job role can be found on our web site at the following link; applications should be via our application form.
All applications should be addressed to Peter Hughes, Chair, Shinfield Parish Council, School Green, Shinfield, Reading RG2 9EH, marked Private and Confidential. Alternatively, applications can be sent by email to Peter.Hughes@shinfieldparish.gov.uk
Closing date for applications is 9 am on Friday 9th November and interviews for successful applicants will take place on 30th November. If we have not contacted you by 21st November your application has been unsuccessful.